Yesterday I wanted mexican food for dinner. So I looked up a recipes that had all the ingrediants that I already had in my house becauase I had no time to go to the store and BAM! There it was. This nice and easy recipe from The Pioneer Woman. I absolultey love her blog and all her recipes and this was no exception. The best part was, the hubby made it! It was that easy to do. Not that he can’t cook or anything, because he’s gotten much better at it since he’s been married to me. (LOL) Anyways again I do apologize for the horrible picture, I WILL be getting a new camera soon.
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- ½ whole Medium Onion
- 1 can (7 Ounce) Mexican Tomato Sauce Or Enchilada Sauce (Hubby used Enchilada Sauce)
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Cumin, Oregano, Chili Powder, Garlic To Taste
- 1 can (28 Ounce) Refried Beans
- ¾ cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 12 whole Burrito-sized Flour Tortillas (Hubby used Tomatoe Basil Tortillas)
- Extra Grated Cheese, For Sprinkling
- Extra Sauce, For Drizzling
- Cilantro Leaves (Optional)
- Optional Filling Ingredients: Mexican Rice, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Green Chilies, Pico De Gallo
Brown ground beef with onion and season to taste. Pour in sauce and simmer over low heat. Add water if mixture gets too dry.
Heat refried beans in a saucepan. Add cheese and stir in till melted. Keep warm.
Heat tortillas in microwave for one minute.
Spread a small amount of beans on each tortilla. Add meat. Fold over ends, then roll up. Place two burritos on a microwave-safe plate. Drizzle red sauce over the top and sprinkle with more grated cheddar. Microwave for one minute, or until cheese is melted and burritos are very hot. Serve immediately.
Thanks to The Pioneer Woman for this delicious recipe!